My kids LOVE TO BAKE!!! Especially cookies! So I raided the cupboard (yes I said cupboard, you can call it a pantry) and I took everything out. And we modified the OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE to make it CLEAN and HEALTHY!!!
CHECK OUT ALL THOSE HEALTHY INGREDIENTS!!! Not the ingredients we used as a kid! But, that’s because we know more now, we know what is good for us now. We we make better choices!
Here’s the healthier version of the Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal Cookies that we came up with!
CLEAN OATMEAL Chocolate Chip COOKIES
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup stevia
1/2 cup of ground Flaxmeal
1/2 cup of Gluten Free Aldi Granola
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup applesauce
3 cups of QUAKER oats
1/2 cup of crushed DARK 86% cocoa chocolate bar chips
- heat over to 350.
- in large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed with electric mixer or kitchen Aid!
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. (the kids love cracking the eggs!)
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well!
- Add oats and raisins and mix well!
- FOLD in the crushed chocolate bar.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto engrossed cookies sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool a few minutes of course!
Makes about 4 dozen cookies!
ENJOY and as always, let me know how you like them!