Tonight is the first night of Chanukah and we wanted to make potato latkes of course. But with our clean lifestyle changes, we did not want the typical latkes, with white potatoes and fried in vegetable oil.
So we cleaned it up!!! We decided to make Sweet Potato Latkes!
Turns out they are completely 21 day FIX approved, completely CLEAN and GLUTEN FREE!!!
2 pounds of sweet potato
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup of OAT flour
1 tsp sea salt, freshly grinded
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- PEEL the sweet Potatoes over the sink! Get cute, adorable helpers to assist you with this. Helps with FINE MOTOR skills and confidence in the kitchen!
If you have a FOOD processor, I highly recommend using this! Again, get those helpers to help you. They love it!
2. After the potatoes are shredded, stir together the potatoes, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
3. Here’s the part that the helpers can’t really help with. Dangerous by the hot pan.
Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Only use enough oil to coat the pan and leave a nice thick layer.
4. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
5. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
That’s it! So simple and you don’t have to feel greasy and bloated after you eat them. And, sweet potato is one of the healthiest Carbohydrates there is! WIN/WIN!
If you are following the 21 day FIX, depending on how big you make them, approximately 2 of these would count as 1 💛YELLOW container!
My family even dipped them in applesauce! YUM!!! (you can count that as part of a purple)
Let me know how you like them!