TURKEY CHILI – 21 day FIX Extreme Approved
Here is the count per serving (1cup)!
anything else you add will need to count also (:
So, I decided to try the Turkey Chili in the new 21 Day Fix Extreme Nutrition Guide and let me say, it DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!! The whole family loved it, even the kids, all 3!
(makes 8 servings, 1 cup each)
1tsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs of raw lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans – drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can of all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
Top with cilantro if you wish
1. Heat Oil in large Saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, pepper, and garlic; cook,
stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring CONSTANTLY for 1 minute.
4. Add beans(drained and rinsed) and tomatoes(with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro and other diced veggies if you wish. You can serve with Rice chips for a YELLOW container, or use cucumbers or celery for more GREEN!!! I even topped mine with a Tbsp of Plain Greek Yogurt! YUMMY!!!!
Even the 1 year old loved it!!